We’ve just prepared the final reports for DH 2012, so it’s time to wrap up. This was DH2012 in a nutshell:
- 10 pre-conference workshops plus a boot camp
- an opening keynote by Claudine Moulin and a closing keynote by Masahiro Shimoda
- close to 2oo papers and presentations in five tracks during the main conference (most of them available as podcasts – call up the program to get there)
- 536 registered participants from all over the world
- student assistant bursars from Canada, India, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand and Russia, plus a crew of Hamburg students joining them
- lots of interesting exchanges, stimulating ideas, cutting-edge projects and
- fun and laughter at the social events, plus
- unprecedented media response!
A special DH2012 issue of LLC. The Journal of Digital Scholarship in the Humanities is already in the making and due to be published in 2013.
Thank’s for coming to Hamburg and making this happen – it was a pleasure hosting the DH! And thanks once again to our sponsors DFG (German Research Foundation), Google Inc., Oxford University Press and VolkswagenStiftung who helped us to finance the DH and its fringe events. See you at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln for the DH 2013, 16-19 July!
Chris, Katrin and the Hamburg conference team
It’s more than 2 weeks now since the DH2012 officially ended. We are still recovering from this amazing experience, but have meanwhile collected some first photo impressions. You can find the DH2012 in pictures here. Dear photographers, please come forward, in case you have any more to add!Read More
15 minutes to go until the closing ceremony for DH2012 begins and a strange mood is setting in at the info point and reception desk: sure, we’re a tiny bit exhausted – but we’re also sad that everything will soon be over! It somehow feels like we should keep the party going for just a little bit longer … (which we will definitely do tonight at the Beatles tour!) But before you shed some tears with us, join us for Masahiro Shimoda’s keynote lecture, the Fortier Prize Giving and the Closing Ceremony!Read More